The Data Scientist will play a pivotal role in planning, executing and delivering machine learning-based projects. The bulk of the work will be in data exploration and preparation, machine learning modeling, management and problem analysis, data collection and integration, operationalization.
The Data scientist will be a key interface between the analytics and the various teams around the organization such as product, sales, marketing and business. The Data Scientist role is perfect for someone who is passionate about combining deep technical understanding, broad domain knowledge, and creative problem-solving skills to design products that make a measurable impact for our customers.
● Use machine learning techniques, visualizations, statistical analysis, and other techniques to gain insight into our data sets. These may involve improving existing techniques and some which you will need to create.
● Prioritize, scope, and manage data science projects and the corresponding key performance indicators (KPIs) for success.
● Participate in the full lifecycle of development, including researching and designing solutions, running tests with clients and performing deep analyses to understand results, implementing solutions that can scale in terabyte sized production environments, and monitoring impact to our products.
● Apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques to various data, such as hierarchical clustering, isolation models, random cut forests (RCF), principal components analysis (PCA), and support vector machine (SVM) Machine Learning.
● Collaborate with team members in the various engineering teams, in order to build projects and to continuously teach and learn new technology and techniques
● Communicate findings and solutions clearly to a variety of audiences, both internal and external. This includes having the capacity to write clear and comprehensive requirements to our engineers, while also being able to explain statistical analysis to various Subject Matter Experts.
● Passion and curiosity to seek out better understanding of our data, products and platforms and align efforts with the end customer in mind.
● Define and communicate governance principles regarding data quality and product interaction.
● Work independently with minimal supervision but high accountability
● BS in Computer Science or related fields. Preferably a Masters Degree in Data Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related quantitative field. Alternate experience and education in equivalent areas such as economics, engineering or physics, is acceptable. Experience in more than one area is strongly preferred.
● Experience with popular database programming languages such as PostgreSQL or MySQL, for relational databases and non-relational databases such as Spark, MongoDB and Cassandra.
● Experience with distributed data/computing tools: MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, also PostgreSQL
● Experience in one or more of the following commercial/open-source data discovery/analysis platforms: RStudio, Spark, RapidMiner, Dataiku, H2O, Microsoft AzureML,IBM Watson Studio or SPSS Modeler, Amazon SageMaker, Google Cloud ML.
● Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: generalized linear model (GLM)/regression, random forest, boosting, trees, text mining, hierarchical clustering, deep learning, convolutional neural network (CNN), recurrent neural network (RNN), etc.
● Demonstrable ability to work in diverse, cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
● Candidates should be confident, energetic self-starters, with strong moderation and communication skills.
● Candidates should exhibit superior presentation skills, including storytelling and other techniques to guide and inspire.
● Competitive Salary and equity stake in the company
● Unlimited Vacation Time
● Remote Work
● Employer Paid Health Insurance
● Gym Membership Contribution
● 401k matching, vesting immediately
Please send your cover letter & resume to [email protected]