Our people are our power. At Key Data, we believe in empowering our valued team members so that they can thrive in this innovative and rewarding environment.
Founded in 2018, Key Data was created by property managers for property managers to provide an effective and user-friendly platform to help vacation rental professionals better understand and utilize their data.
With a dedication to providing actionable insights and easy-to-understand data visualization on 30+ KPIs, Key Data has quickly become a leading provider of data solutions for the vacation rental industry.
401K with matching
Fully remote positions
Employee stock options
Key Data swag
Key Data is the travel economy’s most trusted source for occupancy and short-term rental data. Our insights help property managers and destinations make the best decisions to grow revenue, uncover trends, and delight travelers around the world. Now, we’re looking for a Business Development Representative to help us find new prospective clients and generate leads for our growing EMEA business.
Role Overview:Your mission will be to help acquire new customers by calling and email into vacation rental businesses throughout the EMEA region. Working with Account Managers and our Marketing team, you’ll identify potential clients in need of our industry-best data and intelligence. This is a “ground floor” opportunity to join a growing software company in the exciting vacation rental space.
Specific responsibilities will include:● Partner with the Account Executives to achieve mutually aligned sales goals each month
● Work with sales management to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging
● Engage Property Management professionals via phone, email, and other channels to understand their business challenges and share how Key Data can help
● Proactively generate new business opportunities to fuel Key Data’s growth
● Respond to inbound requests for information and route the conversations appropriately
● Have the autonomy to operate beyond your role and take on additional tasks needed to scale the sales organization
● Maintain a clear record of key sales data through our CRM system (Hubspot)
● Continuously develop your knowledge of our product, industry, and sales process
● Demonstrate our desire to help clients sell better
● Develop sales materials and collateral to continually improve the efficiency of sales
Requirements:● 1-2 years of sales or similar experience, software or vacation rental experience preferred
● Comfortable placing outbound “cold” calls and sending emails to prospective clients
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple accounts and projects simultaneously to meet objectives/key deadlines
● Self-motivated and strong collaborator, who is able to give and receive feedback constructively
● Outstanding critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, and communication skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prioritize information in a high-level way to communicate key points to partners
● Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About Key Data:Key Data gives tourism experts access to granular, unique data for vacation rentals and hotels to help navigate uncertainty with confidence. With deep roots in property management and data partnerships with all the leading experts in the vacation industry, Key Data goes deeper than any other data provider, giving operators easy access to the data they need to inform critical pricing, marketing, and budgeting decisions.
Role Overview:Key Data is experiencing significant growth and is poised to capitalize on market opportunities within the short-term rental data industry. To seize those opportunities, we are seeking an experienced finance leader. This role represents an exciting opportunity to lead a critical function within Key Data that can play a pivotal role in long-term success.
The Director / VP of Finance will be responsible for accounting, financial statement analysis, forecasting and operating metrics to support the business in achieving broader financial objectives. This role will report directly to the President and work closely with the Key Data executive team, the Board of Directors and the lead institutional investor, Ballast Point Ventures.
Specific responsibilities will include:● Deliver on day-to-day accounting operations, including financial statement preparation, payables, receivables, payroll, treasury, and tax preparation, and ensure all activities are delivered in accordance with GAAP
● Develop and enhance financial reporting and forecasting that evaluate key variances, understand key metrics performance, and identify key profitability drivers / outcomes
● Partner with the senior leadership team to conduct analyses and develop insights that improve decision making and business performance
● Manage all aspects of the annual budgeting and audit processes
● Create presentations for the Board of Directors and senior leadership team that communicate performance trends and implications
● Recruit and retain a financial team to support longer-term growth and evolution
Qualifications:● Bachelor’s degree required (Finance or Accounting would be a plus)
● 5+ years of experience in finance, investment banking, private equity, accounting or related roles; direct experience at Series A+, high growth company a strong plus
● Must be willing to play a hands-on role in the creation and delivery of all accounting and financial statement operations and posses a solid understanding of GAAP accounting
● Proven ability to build analytical frameworks that draw concrete conclusions
● Strong familiarity with SaaS businesses
Role Competencies:● Analytical and structured thinker
● Thinks strategically, prioritizes ruthlessly
● Outstanding interpersonal, written communication and strong/succinct oral communication skills
● Strong organization, planning, and program management skills; able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
● Demonstrated skills in critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving
Cultural Competencies:● Enthusiastic, can-do mentality
● Curious and confident to ask questions and learn quickly
● Takes ownership and drives action
● Creative, entrepreneurial mindset
● Collaborative, team player that builds relationships
Key Data benefits include:● Company-paid individual health and dental insurance
● Long term disability insurance under the company’s standard group plan
● $50,000 life insurance policy
● $200 towards an annual gym membership
● $50/month Internet reimbursement
● Company-paid holidays
● Eligibility for 401(k) pension plan with 3.5% employer match. No vesting period for employer match
●$75/month mobile phone and voice/data plan reimbursement
● Flexible PTO policyProfessional/Personal Development Day on Fridays
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.